Thursday, July 21, 2005

Tying Up Loose Ends #2

It appears likely that I've closed one chapter on the Saga with my car.

After installing a new axle on the left rear side, my ABS system seemed to be going wonky. We found out that the flange that was dented was actually a very critical part of the sensor system that tells the ABS when to activate. Little did we know, so my ABS kept coming on when it shouldn't, causing all kinds of problems. After ordering 3 more axles with the same problem, I got fed up and decided to pay the extra money to get a new axle directly from FORD. Man what a difference!! You could see the quality difference.

I was still kind of skeptical as we installed the axle (it felt like "here we go again, another false hope"), but when I took it for a test drive, all the problems were gone!! I guess it pays to have the right part in there. It was comforting to me to find that we had not done anything wrong (except not recognize the significance of the damage), and had installed everything correctly. I took my car for a fairly long test drive, and it all just works. Praise the Lord!!!

I say this chapter is closed, because I already see some other chapters that need to be opened... oh the joys of owning a vehicle.

This is good, because we have been planning a road trip for several months, leaving tomorrow and being gone for a week. We're going to... (take a deep breath..) Three Hills, Arrowwood, Banff, Calgary, Stavely, Calgary and back home again. We're camping in Banff, and having a family reunion in Stavely, and visiting all along the way. We leave Friday, and come back on Thursday.

Tonight we go shopping for some camping supplies and groceries that we need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home