Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Job's Done

Well, one of them anyway. I got the carpet in the bedroom cut to fit the bedroom. I was dreading the job because of the pressure of not screwing up and making it look ugly. Jen was a great help on that one, reminding me not to worry about it. When I got going, it really wasn't that bad. I did mess up, and one closet has a little less carpet than it should, but "out of sight, out of mind" my father-in-law to be said. Now I just need a carpet cleaner to go over it, and try and flatten it down (there's a few ripples). I also need to clean the living room carpet, seeing as I killed the cleaner I borrowed from my neighbours (thanks Chris) on Monday.

I think tonight I will tackle the car though. Yes, more car troubles. I think I have an axle seal leaking on the rear left side. There was oil all over the place on Sunday, so I just parked the car and ignored it, after determining that it didn't' seem to be the brake lines. I took it into the shop on Friday, for the strange noises it was making. They figure its just the tensioner on my serpentine belt, and that's livable for a while. That inspection, plus figuring out that the 'check engine' light was just some little emissions thing (nothing to worry about they say) cost me $140. What do I have to show for it? A little peace of mind, and a big fat nothing. I hate not being able to understand my car... Now I've got to figure out this seal, and I was hoping to go to Jen's place for the weekend. At least I don't feel stressed about it. A little frustrated, but life goes on, and God's in control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home