Sunday, July 11, 2004

Weekend

Its been a slow one. I was gonna go watch Spidey 2, but my friend wanted to watch Ecuador play in the Copa America instead... so we postponed till cheap Tuesday :)

Saturday I spent most of the later morning and earlier afternoon helping some missionaries move in that returned to the field after a year away. They were good friends of mine, and I'm very glad that they made it back before I left, although only by a few weeks (still not counting days).

Speaking of leaving... today I made a list of things I want to try and sell here before I go. Not very much stuff, lol. I've been trying to avoid accumulating stuff... and it looks like I may have succeeded. I'm going to try and sell my guitar, but just so I don't have to carry it home... cuz that could be a pain. If I can't sell it for near replacement value though... then I'll just bring it home.

Church was good this morning. We didn't have the regular pastor, but a guest speaker, continuing our series on fruits of the Spirit with Gentleness. I didn't feel like I learned a lot from this message, but there were a few things. Oh, I wanted to look up a passage he quoted in 2 Samuel, where he equated helpfulness with gentleness (said it was the Hebrew equivalent to the Greek word for it). I'll see if I can figure it out with e-sword.

Not much of a rap fan, but TBone's 'Raised In Harlem' is playing on ChristianRock.net, and I like it.

This next week looks to be busy, and I'm sure things won't slow down much after that till I leave (and probably not for a while after that). I may be going on another weekend excursion this coming weekend. More on that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home