Friday, September 10, 2004

How life can change.....

Man, its been almost 2 months since I've posted, and slowly I'm settling into my new life here. I'm back in Canada, up in the Northwestern reaches of Alberta. This is where I was planning on being for the next year (because Jen has one more year to complete at Peace River Bible Institute). Little did I know that the school would offer me a job. And as what?? Well, you are looking at (well, not literally, but....) the new Information & Communications Officer. In Layman's terms, that's a Receptionist. The job has been more fun than I thought it might be.

In other news, I had a surprise (well sorta.. I knew it was coming, but the immensity of it hit me today) in a meeting. I am now the new project co-ordinator for the school's website. We are going to use a new company, and basically building it from the ground up. Hopefully we can use a lot of the same structure, rather than re-inventing the wheel, but we'll see. I have a feeling that my little PDA is going to be much more useful than I originally thought.

I'm also the staff rep for our rec hockey team, the Dynamos. I hope to play some this year, but I doubt I will be able to play full time. So that leaves me with hockey tryouts tomorrow night, shortly after our afternoon floor hockey tournament. Not the best of timing.... but if I get cut (even though I'm hesitantly coach :) then that will leave more time for other things, like watching Jen's soccer games.

Speaking of soccer, our girl's soccer team has to play a tournament this weekend to determine their tier in the league. Tryouts were originally scheduled for next week, so it should be an interesting tournament. I'm going to the game tonight, so we'll see how things stand.

That's all for now, cuz its almost quitting time, but I hope to make this a more frequent habit again.

2 Comments:

Blogger David Stauffer said...

That is pretty funny. I've fixed it now. Thanks. And Thanks for reading.

8:51 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, long time no hear over at starlight, so I thought Id check your blog for an update...
hope everythings going well
NHL is on strike here, and the minors dont start until next week. I'm missign ti already.
ltmyndonos

8:49 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home